...and swim in the pool a bunch, and cap the nights off (after it's cooled off a bit) at Frontier City. My Christie Chrew is going to be there, and I just want to party the whole time. It's my goal to not be lazy this vacation and to always be doing something fun or worthwhile or productive with my family.Speaking of not being lazy, that's been something I've been trying to work on since the last time I blogged. I went to the doctor 2 months ago and found out that my blood pressure was ridiculously high, especially considering how young I am. And then with blood work and all that jazz, they told me my cholesterol sucked too!! So that was a little bit of an eye opener. After a month of trying to get better eating and exercise habits, I went to the doctor again and my blood pressure was still high. So now, I'm 24 years old and taking blood pressure medication. Pretty ridiculous, so I'm trying to change. I have SEVERELY changed my diet. The exercise thing I'm still working on. I've been good about walking a lot. I walk to work every time I go to the office (3 days a week) and go on walks with people at other times. I play basketball/softball/ultimate frisbee or whatever every chance that I get. I need to start running more, though, to build up my endurance and stuff.
So far, things have gone pretty well. Dieting is hard as crap!! I miss all the "good" food that I really shouldn't eat anymore. I haven't had ice cream in probably a month. I've been off of carbonation for 3 1/2 months now. And I've just really limited all the other things I used to eat all the time. I've lost quite a bit of poundage since Christmastime, and just hope I can continue with it and that it will be a noticeable difference to people.
Tay decided to make it a competition between the 2 of us. So we started last Friday (May 29th) and will go until the end of the summer. It's Biggest Loser style, so whoever loses the most percentage of their weight wins. The prize is $50 gift card to somewhere we like. Through the first week, I was winning! :) The best was when I called the Christie household yesterday and Derek asked me "Who's winning the Fattest Loser right now?"
Sorry for the long silence. This is what I've been up to (sorry, no pictures. I didn't have my camera at any of these things and haven't gotten the pictures from my friends yet.):
- Cinco de Mayo BBQ
- Campfires up the canyon roasting smores and hotdogs
- Watching lots of Jordan's baseball games
- Swimming
- House/pet sitting at Auntie Cal's
- Bowling
- Ward softball
- Doctor's visits (not a fan!)
- and lots and lots of just hanging out with different people
Sidenote: I'm annoyed with typing out all The Office quotes now. And I think only 2 of you read them, so... sorry.
11 comments:
SSSOOOO proud of you, Mere Mere!!! And I love it that you live close!
Guess what...I'm coming on Sunday night! Can't wait to see you...
Wow I am so proud of you Mer! My cholesterol isn't great either - maybe you can give me some tips to getting that under control.
Will I get to come up to OKC when you're home? With all y'all there and the Christie crew too I'm not so sure their will be room. We'll have to see.
good luck with the weight loss...I am on my own journey too,and I know how hard it is. there is just something about eating salad when you know how much other good stuff is out there that you could be eating. Hang in there and good luck.
Wow! That's quite an update! Big changes for you. Change is always hard, but it seems like you have so much perspective on it. Way to go! And you know, the past 3 Biggest Loser winners have been women.
Have fun at home. I'll get to see you next week...I can't wait.
I hope you include me in the two that did read the office quotes. But, I agree it would be a pain in the rear to re-type them all.
Love you.
i wasnt sure how to reply to you about the comment you made, so here it is....
My dad built the same pond in a neighbors pond. It just happened to be my best friend from high school's parents. Last year all the grandkids of that family were visiting and the two year old boy died...my best friends nephew.
When that happened I told my dad I wouldn't stay at his house until he created some kind of safety cover...so he did, and the kids love to play in the pond, so good thing he did.
How sad am I that you will be home while we are gone!! We will be back late on the 3rd of July. Are you going to be at church on Sunday the 5th? How great are you to take charge of your life! I like Taylor, too, but I hope you win!!
Way to go Mere! and I want Office quotes!!!
this is very old...blog
You've got to update this thing, Cuz
update your blog! :)
Post a Comment