Saturday, April 25, 2009

Battle of the Sexes


For FHE this last Monday we played Battle of the Sexes. For those who haven't played, you compete against the opposite gender in little relays, and also try to correctly answer questions that are usually something the opposite gender would know. The relays we had were: setting up 10 chairs for a classroom setting, hammering nails into a piece of wood, setting a formal place setting, painting fingernails, shooting free throws, and sewing on a button. We beat the boys at setting up the chairs and hammering the nails, two things that they technically should've won in. . . go girls! It was really funny. Including the points from the questions, we ended up tied at the end of the game with the guys. It was so much fun!

This was the first time I went to FHE in my new ward. So basically, as of then, no one knew yet that I was a baseball fanatic/freak. Well, now they do! There were three baseball questions that were asked, and I answered them with pretty much no hesitation. Everyone was a little bit surprised. No surprise to most of you though! But it was great, knowing that I actually contributed! Here's the questions that were asked:

  • In baseball, when the ball is hit and lands in fair territory and bounces into the stands, it's a what? Ground rule double
  • What is hitting for the cycle? A player that hits a single, double, triple, and homerun in a single game
  • If you were at Camden Yards, you would be watching what? An Orioles' baseball game

Brother Anderson, the member of the bishopric that was reading the questions for us girls, was a little bit surprised that I answered all those. Ok, a lot surprised. It was really funny. So yeah, the secret is now out. . . I'm a baseball freak!




The Office Calendar:
April 13th: "A woman shouldn't have to be hit by a car to learn that she might have rabies. But that is where we are in America and that does not sit right with me. And that's why I am hosting a fun run race for the cure for rabies. To raise awareness of the fact that there is a cure for rabies. A disease that has largely been eradicated in the United States but not many people know that." -Michael
April 14th: "[Monopoly] is nuts. Nobody just picks up 'get out of jail free' cards. Those things cost thousands." -Creed
April 15th: "Ryan thinks that technology is the answer. Well guess what? I just drove my car into a lake. . . . Why, you might ask, did I do this? Well, because of a machine. A machine told me to drive into a lake and I did it. I did it because I trusted Ryan's precious technology, and look where it got me." -Michael
April 16th: "When I was younger, I always wanted to be an actor in commercials. Then I realized I had a brain." -Oscar
April 17th: "You cannot take the hilarious black guy from the office. Stanley is part of what makes the office so extraordinary. The bluesy wisdom. The sassy remarks. The crossword puzzles, his smile, those big water red eyes. I don't know how George Bush did it when Colin Powell left." -Michael
April 18th/19th: "Every time Michael's in a meeting, he makes me come in a give him a Post-it note telling him who is on the phone. I did it once, and he freaked out, he loved it so much. The things is, he doesn't get that many calls, so he has me make them up every ten minutes." -Pam
April 20th: "What am I doing? I am blowing Dodge. I'm getting out of town. Whatever you call it. I am running away from my responsibilities. It feels good." -Michael
April 21st: "I know that you are probably scared of people seeing your fat legs in shorts. . . . Well, back in olden times, a large, fat person, like this, was a person of power, a person who had money and could buy food. A person of respect like the regional manager of the day." -Michael, to Kevin
April 22nd: "You may ask me out to dinner. Nothing fancy, or foreign. No bars, no patios, no vegetables, and no seafood." -Angela, to Andy
April 23rd: "I'm excited about doing the ad, but I'm not really used to doing videos with so many people around." -Meredith
April 24th: "Oh, hey, I know you—Elizabeth! Right? . . . Wow. Very cool you went back and got your degree. I would like you to accept this check for three hundred and forty dollars made out to 'science.' Make sure that gets into the right hands." -Michael
April 25th/26th: "Oscar, Toby, and I are founding members of the Finer Things Club. We meet once a month to discuss books and art, celebrate culture in a very civilized way. Sometimes the debate can get heated, but we're always respectful. There is no paper, plastic, and no work talk allowed. It's very exclusive." -Pam

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

But a very lovely, talented, baseball freak!

Taylor said...

freak

critts said...

Way to go Mere! Where were you when I played that at FHE when I was single?

Calene said...

That's my girl!