I'm one of those people that gets way too excited for Christmas to come, that I don't even really care about the holidays before it. I've never been a big Halloween person. Maybe as a kid, when I could get tons of candy, but that's about it. I don't like to dress up. I don't like scary things, so I find no excitement in watching a scary movie or going to a haunted house. I usually spend my Halloween nights at Cal's house. I hang out with Cal and help hand out candy to the cute neighborhood kids that come around. I absolutely love that they start playing Christmas songs on the radio the day after Halloween. That is one of my most favorite parts. Come November 1st, my radio in my car will be on the same station for the next two months, until they quit playing Christmas songs. Don't get me wrong, I don't completely blow off Thanksgiving. It's a fun holiday, but seeing as I don't usually get to go home to be with my parents for it, it's not as exciting to me as Christmas is. Especially since we get to spend our Christmases with the Christies!
This Christmas is going to be a blast for me. I convinced my managers to give me a full two weeks off from work! Before I was only able to be home for part of the Christmas vacation, and then had to come back to Utah for work, and I would totally sulk that I was here while everyone else was at home having fun. I'm so excited that I will be there the whole time everyone else is this year, and won't miss out on all the fun that we always have:
Getting in the hot tub, no matter how cold it is outside.
Making Gingerbread houses.

Watching Elf (over and over).
And of course, a Nuttall/Christie get together is not complete without a little mattress surfing!

And of course, a Nuttall/Christie get together is not complete without a little mattress surfing!
The Office Quote of the Day:
Michael: "Hey, that was really fun last night. I'm actually thinking about getting my own set of putt-putt golf clubs."
6 comments:
Who is the tall guy in the blue shirt in the first picture? That guy is incredibly good looking.
oh...there are so many cute memories! Can't wait! We need to start a "we have to do" list!
Thanks for babysitting my babies!!! :) Especially the naughty ones. lol
Oh, and in your description of the things you love to do, you left out snuggle.
This makes me anxious for Christmas. I sort of missed Christmas last year, so bring it on this year!!
My parents used to let us/tolerated us mattress surfing until Page McKinnon's deriere ended up in the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Someone always has to ruin it for everyone else...
Hahahaha Kelli! I got a picture of that happening in my head and it really made me laugh! My dad's all for it! Mom has become the "Mattress Surfing Dream Killer" this year, though.
wow- you are a bigger slack than i am about updating your blog! :) Whats new? Anything? For real though you should come down to houston over christmas break- just for like a day or two! It would be fun!
Post a Comment