Monday, December 15, 2008

A Worthy Quote

It's not very often that I post again so soon. I couldn't help not sharing this with everyone though. I love talking to my family. I pretty much call my mom every day, sometimes multiple times a day. I'm not ashamed of it! I'll talk to Dad every now and then as well. And of course, I love to talk to Alli!! I miss being around her. Lately, every time I call home, I've been asking to talk to her. Friday she was a little bugged because I was "disturbing" her from playing with Emma, who she "hadn't played with in over a month!!" I actually had something I was trying to tell her about, but she was just too restless. She kept trying to leave and I said "Alli, just talk to me for a minute!" About 30 seconds later she interrupts and goes "Minute's up. Bye!" and hung up on me. Little booger.

So yesterday, I call and Dad answers. He says they were getting ready for people to come over for Choir. So I knew Mom wouldn't talk to me right then, so I asked what Alli was doing. She was sitting there eating a Pomegranate, so I had Dad pass the phone along. Here are parts of this conversation:

M: "Are you getting excited?"
A: "For Christmas? Yeah!"
M: "And that everyone else is coming soon..."
A: "Especially for that!"
(A little later on, I'm just talking away, wanting to chat with my little sister!)
A: "Can I go now so I can finish my Pomegranate?"
M: "No, I want to talk to you!"
A: "Meredith, you're coming Friday. You've GOT to stop calling me!" (at this point I'm totally cracking up!!)
M: "Alli, I just want to talk to my little sister!"
A: "Ok, what do you need to tell me?"
M: "Am I only allowed to call you when I have something to tell you?"
A: "Yes"
M: "So I can't call you just to chat?"
A: "No. I HATE talking on the phone!"

About 6 hours later I call the house again. Mom was never told to call me back, so I just took matters into my own hand. I'm sitting there as the phone starts to ring. Erika is standing in the kitchen and I go "I hope Alli answers!". Sure enough, the phone picks up with the 8-year-old squealing, "What do you want?!". I just start laughing my head off, it was too funny!! She didn't talk to me, she immediately handed the phone to Mom. I told Mom what had happened earlier and we were just laughing about it. After talking for a few minutes I say, "Mom, tell Alli I want to talk to her. Just to bug her." I hear Alli in the background, "NOOOOOOO!!"

Apparently 8-year-olds don't want to waste any precious play time sitting on the phone chatting with their older sister!




The Office Quote of the Day:
(While dragging a screaming Meredith into Sunrise Rehabilitation...)
Michael: "I have a deposit. Alcoholic. Um, so...do I sign?"
(To the camera, after being escorted out of the building by a security guard.)
Michael: "As it turns out, you just can't check someone into rehab against their will. They have to do it voluntarily. They have to hit rock bottom. So I think I know what I need to do at this point. I need to find ways to push Meredith to the bottom. Umm, I think I can do it. I did it with Jan."

3 comments:

Tamber said...

She sounds like a funny girl. Have fun at home. Tell your family hi for me.

critts said...

She is absolutely hilarious! I LOVE that story.

Chrew Chief said...

Gosh Mere, Cade and Kevin have no problem getting Alli to talk on the phone...perhaps you can bribe her with a new webkins. I'll ask her for you, K?

Love you!!!! Counting down....

LeLe