Monday, September 8, 2008

This is How...

Only my immediate family, or really close friends, know where "Moggy" came from. It's a name I've lovingly been called in my family (mostly by Taylor and Lauren) for about 7 years now. When Alli was a baby, finally stringing her first words together, and already able to say "mom" and "dad", we (the rest of the Nuttall kids) decided it was time for her to be able to say our names too. I vividly remember being in the hot tube of our pool in the Houston house, with Alli floating around, trying to get her to say all of our names. "Say 'mommy'..." and down the list I would go. I'd leave my name for last. She just quite couldn't get the hang of it. "Meredith" became "Moggy". I tried so hard. I even broke it down. "Say 'Mere'...", and she'd say 'mere' just fine. Then, "Say 'dith'...", and again, she'd say that part just right. I thought she would get it. So I combined it together for her again. "Moggy!!", is all that would come out. I tried and tried, but to no avail. The rest of my family thought it was hilarious. Taylor started calling me it nonstop. In the beginning, I was not a fan at all. I mean, come on, it sounded like "Soggy". Who would want to be called something that could be confused with that. But eventually (thanks to Taylor) I started to get used to it and decided maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all. To this day, I'm Moggy. With Lauren it's usually "Mogs" and with Taylor it's usually "Mogster". So there you have it.

I gave into the blog craze. I don't know how well I will actually keep up with it, so we'll see. Hopefully it won't be like Mom's (a once in a lifetime thing). Mom - I challenge you to prove me wrong and post more! Hopefully I will be able to document the happenings of my life and you can see "How I Became(/Become) Moggy". I've enjoyed reading my siblings blogs. (AD - you're the last one holding out...the 8-year-old doesn't count!) I hope they continue on with theirs and make it so that I will want to post more myself.

For now the main picture of my blog is a picture with Sam, the newest addition in our family. I tend to not have many pictures of myself, because I pretty much hate them. This is one of the few that I like, and I absolutely adore this dog! So, maybe I am forcing him a little bit in this picture, but he honestly loves me, I swear! There you have it, I am now a "blogger". Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure they would be a motivation to post more!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

oh mogs! you finally caved.

Taylor said...

Sweet Mogster. What about Magoogalator, you forgot that one. It all comes together for one sweet nickname. You automatically get points for your blog since you have a pic of Sam on the top. I think i'll have to redo mine now...

Carolyn said...

i totally forgot about my blog! Maybe I should post about being a fun mom!?

And I didn't know Tay had a blog...am I blocked from that one too?

Cathy said...

Mere: I am so proud of you. I didn't know that Tay had a blog, somehow I was never informed of that one! We just have to get AD blogging and I'll be able to keep up with all my Nuttall nieces and nephew! Love you tons - Aunt Cathy