I really hate conforming to all the notes and things that get passed along on Facebook and what not. I try to avoid them at all costs. However, dear LeLe has a way of convincing someone to do anything. So to make her happy, I quit fighting it and posted the 25 things about me on Facebook. Here it is for those who don't have Facebook:
Here are my 25 random things! The only reason I filled this out was to appease Leah. If I tagged you, it's not because I expect you to do one yourself, cause I don't. I just figured y'all would want to read it.
1. I constantly use paper towels and Clorox wipes. I am completely grossed out by washcloths because they get all smelly and nasty in such a short amount of time.
2. I have a 10 inch scar down the back of my left arm, with a metal plate and 11 screws in it, from one really fun day snowboarding! I stay away from rails now...
3. As a kid I was extremely afraid of balloons. I cried when my mom tried to make me have one tied around my chair for my birthday party. I think it was because I was scared every one of them would pop. And I didn't like the noise!!
4. My dream job is to be the person that sits on a chair down the foul lines at Major League Baseball games, and chase down foul balls. Talk about best seat in the house and being a part of the action!! [Insert Auntie Cal making fun of me and my obsession here]
5. I have a large dent on my right leg, just above the knee. This came courtesy of a teeter-totter in 1991, when we were on vacation with the Leishman's in Pulau Pelangi (which is part of 1000 Islands in Indonesia). Becky Leishman and some other person were on the teeter-totter, and I was mad that I wasn't on it, so when Becky's side of the teeter-totter was up, I went under and tried to hold it up so they couldn't move anymore. 7-year-old girls aren't very strong, so I buckled as it started pushing me down, and it crushed down onto my leg. There's been a dent ever since.
6. Growing up I never understood my mom's need to drink a Diet Coke every day. Thanks to her, and dearest little sister Lauren, I am now an addict.
7. My vacations have been the most eventful in my family: (1.) My hair being completely dyed green in India after celebrating Holi with lots and lots of dyed water! (2.) Breaking half of my front tooth off on a playground slide in Spain [with help from Tay, who came down the slide and knocked my feet out from under me as I was trying to go up the slide] (3.) Busting my chin open at the bottom of a water slide in France (4.) Crushing my leg under the teeter-totter in Indonesia
8. I HATE spiders!! I have no qualms about killing every one I see.
9. I used to eat fish all the time. In Singapore, our maid Liwayway constantly made fish for us. In Scotland I ate fish and chips (fries) all the time. I now hate all seafood. Recently I tried some of AD's salmon to see if maybe I had grown up and liked things differently. I about barfed! It's still nasty to me.
10. I have constantly chewed ice for at least the last 13 years. I drive people crazy, but I can't help it.
11. My mom would always get my hair permed when we lived in Singapore (ages 4-8 for me). Not only was it permed, but I had a fro. She claims that I liked it, but there's no way!! I vividly recall always being ticked about it. Especially when they would tell me I couldn't get my hair wet for 2 days after. Don't tell a little kid they're not allowed to swim for 2 days!
12. I can successfully tow a big boat trailer and back it up down the launch while my dad or brother get the boat into the water. I don't think there are many girls who can do that. In fact, it's really funny to watch the men who have serious issues backing boat/jetski trailers up! Weenies!
13. I hate the ocean! I even have a really hard time with lakes. I think I've watched too many Jaws movies, and other movies where creatures of the water attack you!! I absolutely LOVE going tubing and wakeboarding, but that 30 seconds of just floating in the water every time after you fall and are waiting for the boat to circle back around really kills me!
14. I can change my own oil in my car. Sometimes I'm lazy and pay for someone else to do it, but I can do it on my own. I've also replaced the alternator in two of my cars before, by myself. AutoZone is my friend.
15. I managed to get into a coed basketball class my very fist semester at BYU. The teacher was an assistant couch for the BYU woman's basketball team. He told me to come try out for walk-ons when they had them later on in the semester. I never did, because I didn't think I was in shape or good enough, and too short for my position at the college level. I've always regretted it. Instead, I'm now still a mediocre wannabe.
16. I am the biggest baby and can't watch scary movies. No joke, you'd probably laugh at what I movies I find scary.
17. My sleeping habits are completely screwed up. There are some times where I will sleep through anything. But most of the time I wake up to any little, simple sound. It takes me forever to fall asleep at night, no matter how late or tired I am. About 97% of the time it takes me 30 minutes or more before I'll finally fall asleep. And if I have to wake up to an alarm, I'm going to be tired. Even if I just got 9 hours of sleep. And yes, I realize it's all psychological!
18. I own 3 snowboards, and I'm not even that good. (Recall random thing #2)
19. I lived in Texas for 14 years of my life. Now that "home" is Oklahoma, I don't miss Texas one bit! (Just certain people in Texas). I don't have any of that "Texas Pride", which is a little out of control for some people!
20. I caught a wicked, line-drive foul ball down the right field line at a Houston Astros game the summer before my senior year of high school. I have that ball (which to anyone else is just a dirty baseball) displayed with my personalized Nolan Ryan signed baseball that my awesome father got for me!!!
21. I have traveled more than most families have ever traveled in their lives, put together. By the time my family moved back to the US, when I was 12, my siblings and I were each a platinum flier (100,000 + miles) on United and Continental airlines. The 30 hours it took to get from Singapore to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Provo was always fun!
22. I delete people as my friends on Facebook a lot. I get bugged when I see stories about them on my News Feed, when I really could care less because we don't talk anymore anyways (wow, I'm such a jerk...). Then there's some I delete because I follow up with them more on their blogs. I participate in "The Purge" every once in a while and delete tons of people! So if you're facebook friends with me, it means you're special and that we really are friends.
23. I have a solid red hoodie that says "Lady Cougars" on it that's from my high school. I absolutely love wearing it here in Utah and confusing the crap out of Univ. of Utah and BYU fans. Almost every time I wear it out in public someone asks me about it. Or I see those who won't say anything but are staring hard trying to figure out what is going on!! I love it! I should keep a tally of how many times people ask me about it.
24. I can pick up just about any sport and be pretty good at it within a very short amount of time. If only I had work ethic and practiced... I would have developed some pretty mad skills!!
25. I still get my mom's help in everything. She helped me with this list! :) Hey, give me a break, I wanted to put things down from when I was a little kid, but I don't quite remember all the details of those years....and Mom does!
Alright Leah, I hope you're extremely happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh wow....love your list. There are so many things I could say right now, but I am too tired and will cough and feel sick again. SO, the main thing that I would like to contribute is this:
You have the unnatural ability to remember where every professional baseball, football, basketball player went to high school, college and probably middle school. You know the statistics from most of last nights' games, who has been transferred from what team to what, what most players make and who participated in the msot controversial brawl. You know the salaries and stats for most players (especially baseball), and who won the World Series years 1970-now.
Should I go on?
Oh, and I can attest to the fear of random movies. Remember last week....you wouldn't watch "Ghostown" even though I guaranteed you it was a comedy. Just because it merely contained the word "Ghost" was enough to push it into the "unwatchable" category.
Dontcha love me? Cause I love you....oh, and the scar is over-rated. Remember, Ron was behind you and said your fall wasn't "that bad". ROFLOL
Cal...
I'm not THAT obsessed! Quit making me sound like such a freak! Yeah right, if I knew all that I would have gone and been a contestant on "Stump the Schwab". (go google it if you must!)
Give me a break that I don't want to freak myself out with scary movies! Of course I'll be wary with something like "Ghost" in the title.
And I know that my "accident" was totally lame! Why do you think I don't include the whole story?! :)
I'm so glad that someone else has an unatural fear of scary movies. I seriously cannot stand them.
See, I'm only ratting MereMere out because I hate scary movies too. I think it must be due to the fact that we all live much closer to the spirit than those who enjoy those cultist flicks. ;)
Can't blame me - normal people go DOWN the slide, not up. Totally your fault. I just realized, you're really really clumsy. HAHA
Mere...you give me wayyyyy tooo much credit.
Now...the last 2 weeks? I LOVE it!
"Happiness
Testifying of God's 'eternal purposes,' the prophet Lehi taught, 'Men are, that they might have joy' (2 Nephi 2:15, 25). They give in to the devil, who "seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself" (2 Nephi 2:27)."
I love the sweatshirt thing. I'm sure that's hilarious in Utah! And, this list is giving me another reason why I'm glad I'm not on Facebook - I don't think I could handle the rejection if you purged me.
Post a Comment