Friday, February 20, 2009

Airheads anyone??

Tay's birthday was this last week. We definitely had a lot of fun with it!! To preface it: Last year, AD sent Tay a card for his birthday, with an airhead in it. She put one stamp on it and sent it to him. Apparently there wasn't enough postage, but instead of just returning it to the sender, they for some reason still sent it on to him. He got a note in his box saying he had something at the post office that he needed to pick up and pay for. He spent forever waiting at the post office, during a day when he was trying to take tests, only to get a little card with an airhead in it, that he had to pay for!! Hilarious!!!!

This year AD and I got Taylor an Xbox360 game that he had been talking about wanting to get a month before. We got a card and put some lunch money in it for him, and then we sent a baggie full of airheads in the package along with the game. We thought we were pretty funny. Then I was telling Auntie Cal about it, and she came up with the bright idea of sending him individual cards with airheads in it as well. So I recruited a ton of people to do it. Altogether we sent airheads from 20 people (plus 2 dogs)! He's still waiting on some of them. I especially loved Kevin Christie sending Tay his letter with just the Airhead wrapper! 5-year-olds are the funniest!

Anyways, I thought it was hilarious. I don't feel bad about being annoying, since I got him a legit present too. It's really nice to finally be able to get presents for my close friends and family.

Happy birthday big brother!! You're the bestest!




The Office Calendar:
Feb. 14th/15th: "I'm gonna propose tonight. Holy crap." -Jim
Feb. 16th: "Mom, I gotta go; one of my friends is getting beaten up by some girls!" -Michael, at a New York City nightclub
Feb. 17th: "Jim Halpert is off the market. Guess who just became the best-looking single guy in the office?" -Andy
Feb. 18th: "Gift baskets are amazing, Phyllis. Gift baskets are the essence of class and fanciness. They are the ultimate present that a person can receive." -Michael
Feb. 19th: Dwight - "Hey, why did you do it?"; Michael - "It was an accident."; Dwight - "Was she talking back? . . . Got sick of that face? Did she owe you money? Uh-oh, is this downsizing? Did she spurn your advances?"
Feb. 20th: "Hey, Pam, by the way, it's great that you're dating, but when a new client calls, you have to just randomly assign them to a salesperson. You can't base who gets new clients on who you're sleeping with that week, okay?" -Phyllis

8 comments:

Adrianne said...

i put two stamps on it...

Meredith said...

my bad!

Taylor said...

I agree, I like legit presents. For years to come.

Carolyn said...

I can't wait until Tay gets a job and gives us REALLY legit presents!

critts said...

Does that mean that next year the tradition is cards with empty air head wrappers?! I like that idea...

Calene said...

Okay, this was brilliant! Tay, you should feel good because I told her to just put one stamp on them, and she said that she was going to put the right amount on so you wouldn't have a post office repeat. Wouldn't want you goin' "postal" on us, now would we?

LeLe said...

This was one of the funniest pranks we have been in on in a while! Excellent master minding! The chrew...especially Kevin...loved having airheads...besides me...hanging around the house.

Kelli said...

Maybe I'm just slow...not quite understanding the whole story. Did you send 20 cards that he is now having to retrieve from the post office? Or did you send 20 that would get there okay?

If you sent 20 that he is having to make 20 different trips to the post office for, that is funny! Mean, but funny!